I am very lucky to have the opportunity to stay home with my kids. Most of the time it's just cleaning, cooking, cleaning up the cooking, changing diapers, cleaning up the diapers, cleaning up whatever the kids messed up while I was cleaning up the diapers...exhausting,in a word. Sometimes though it is great just to get out of the house and do fun things with the kids. The zoo is our favorite place to go. A great big thanks to my mom, who has been purchasing a zoo pass for the family since Jacob was a baby. This gives us the chance to go whenever we feel like it and not have to worry about how long we stay or how much we see. Thanks Mom!!! This particular day, we didn't pay much attention to the animals, so we're lucky we had the pass. The kids were happy just to get to run around (it's about the only place I let Claire get out of the stroller). Here are a few photos of the kids enjoying the zoo!
Much of their time was spent pushing Luke in the stroller. Teamwork!

This was Luke's reaction...he was a little nervous.

They also enjoyed washing their hands. And Claira enjoyed washing her face and hair too!

Jacob stopped at every map to show us where we were going.

And of course we had to play on all the animal statues.

Finally we just took turns smiling for the camera.





It was a fun day at the zoo. About the only animals we saw were the sheep at the petting zoo. One snuck up behind Claira and Baa-d really loudly. It scared her so much that we had to leave. Thus ending the zoo trip for today.

Claira and the offensive sheep.

Cute pictures and awesome blogging - reminds me of when you and Steven were little (my Steven) and your mom and I used to go on our own little "trips together" with you guys! Speaking of your mom - I would adore some grandma and grandkid pics - I'm just sayin..... :0)
ReplyDelete